Camino Day 10: Logrono to Navarette

So much for a day of rest. May Day in Logrono means no beds for us, so instead of resting today, we will walk on. It made for a grumpy start to the day.

I tried to find reasons to be joyful as I walked, and was not disappointed. I got some slobbery puppy snuggles from a boxer, reminding me of my childhood dog. I walked around a beautiful lake, fed a swan, and savored the smell of bbq fires. And I was delighted to find that climbing a steep hill has become easy, and even empowering-- I love leaning into the hil and speeding to the crest.

We only walked 8 miles today, but they still felt like like an accomplishment, because I had hoped to rest and walked instead. Today's lesson was to feel all of my emotions, good and bad, let them pass, and be genuinely joyful in the face of disappointment.

Comments

Popular Posts