Camino Day 9: Torros del Rio to Logrono

A simple day with simple pleasures. Warm sunshine, rolling hills, and satisfying climbs. Olives and cheese in a medieval town and a visit to the resting place of Cesare Borgia--strong man and enforcer of the Borgian papacy.

I enjoyed walking alone for much of the afternoon, as I was moving a bit faster than Rod. On the way downhill into the city, I heard some afro-cuban music that gave me a second wind, and I skipped the last mile to the edge of the city.

Once we reunited in Logrono and found a hotel (yes, a real private room and bath, with proper towels!), we strolled the square and enjoyed some ice cream.  Then we struggled to keep our eyes open til the Spanish dinner hour. That's often the case; the pilgrim schedule is early to bed and early to rise...and the Spanish, typically, are not. It is one of the many things a pilgrim struggles with.

We look forward to a day of rest here tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts